Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tasty Tuesday - Vegan Chocolate Shakeology Review


This Tasty Tuesday adventure is a little bit of a "Special Edition" - Followin' up on my new Shakeology flavor, Vegan Chocolate! 

Dan actually tried it before I did, and while he questioned my decision to experiment with a "whole bag", he, to my complete surprise (and probably his, too), likes it better than non-vegan chocolate. That's not to say one is better than the other, just different. 



For instance, we both feel that the vegan formula tastes more like dark chocolate, a tiny bit less sweet than the other. And while non-vegan might be a little more smooth, I wouldn't call vegan gritty by any means, however there is a slight difference in texture.

Let's talk about how we usually enjoy our Shakeology. I'll describe us as "purists" - we love the flavor and the nutrition it has on it's own, so we add very little. Plus, we're lazy, and I love the convenience and speed at which I can have it shaken and be walking out the door in the morning.

Generally, we make it with LOTS of water (about 18 oz) and many times a splash of organic whole milk, maybe a couple ounces at most. Keeping that in mind, it's easy to compare one chocolate flavor to the other because it's changed very minimally and we make it pretty consistently the same. 

So...




No comments:

Post a Comment